The Forge Museum is currently CLOSED until late 2008 due to a development project funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund. The museum will expand throughout Forge House to provide access to the nationally important Elizabethan wall painting room and a new extension will house a cafe and learning space.
The museum is situated in the centre of the attractive village of Much Hadham, between Bishop's Stortford and Ware. Parts of the Grade II listed building date back to the 15th century. The museum exhibits the story of the Page family who setup their blacksmiths business in Much Hadham in 1811 and continued it for 173 years and over 4 generations, until Charles Page died in 1983. The museum was opened in 1991 and is still a working museum for 6 days a week.
Behind the museum is the Victorian Cottage Garden which reflects those plants grown by a 19th century gardener. It also houses an unusual 19th-century bee shelter.
The museum holds events over the summer. It also has a shop.