Mardley Hill nursery opened in 1996 and provides OUTSTANDING childcare in all areas as reported by our governing bodies Ofsted. We are a small friendly day nursery providing OUTSTANDING care for up to 46 children per day in our warm and welcoming home from home setting.
The nursery is a converted house with off road parking, ideally located near Junction 7, off A1M to London and the North.
The staff are friendly and committed to working with children and their families, Staff regularly attend training to further their knowledge and some staff are also engaged in NVQ training to enable them to further their development and careers.
Alex our chef has brought enthusiasm and excitement to the nursery with her cooking and showing the children how to cook what we are growing. We have achieved a bronze award from the soil association which we are proud of along with achieving 5 stars in our environmental health inspection. Alex loves to get involved with the children and our grow your own area in the garden.
We have local connections with Barleyfields Children’s Centre which we attend early years network meetings and any courses that they are running we will advertise for them all helping to link with the local community. We also have links with the local schools who attend the network meetings.
Mardley Hill run a Parent Partnership group on a quarterly basis and parents can attend and be that little bit more involved in nursery life and helping other parents to settle into nursery life.
We are currently recycling all our baby wipes to our ‘Wipe out Waste’ campaign and they are being turned into new equipment so any baby wipes you use can be placed in the recycling bin at nursery and sent away to be up-cycled.
We have an exciting new initiative coming soon ‘Busy Babies’ will be introduced into the baby room using the colours black, white and lilac to create colour stimulation for our babies. This will be a fantastic initiative which all the babies will gain from.
Facilities at the nursery include:
• OUTSTANDING Ofsted 2009 - click here to see our report
• Wake and Shake singing and dancing to give your child a healthy start to the day.
• Grow Your Own our budding gardeners enjoy planting and looking after the flowers and seeds.
• Kinder Musik music and movement session provided by the qualified staff members.
• Busy Babies black and purple colour stimulation for the babies (coming soon).
• Hairdresser every six weeks to cut your child’s hair.
• Fresh nutritious meal prepared on site every day.
• Regular visits from the health visitor to weigh our babies under two.
• A friendly and inviting staff team.
• Home from home environment.
• INTERACTIVE SMARTBOARD, encouraging our preschool children to use our computers on a daily basis.
• Large outdoor area which includes a small woodland area where children can spot the different animals that are hiding as well as jumping over tyres.
• Outside classroom, a dedicated area for the children to use outside whatever the weather with all the equipment from inside, outside.
• New and exciting over three’s play equipment for the garden called the ‘PODLEY’ the preschool children can make, explore, experiment and construct with all the different pieces of equipment that are store all together.